This website is no longer maintained. Source is now available on Github.
These are installation instructions to update your existing version of
ZapRedraw to one which supports the ViewFinder.
To install ZapRedraw, you will need the following:
- Download and unzip a ViewFinder-aware ZapRedraw. The latest release is ; you may also need to read the release notes.
- Copy the !ZapFonts application in the update archive over your
existing copy of !ZapFonts, which will update the necessary files. There are
three places where your existing copy of !ZapFonts can be found:
- Inside !Boot.Resources (this is the preferred location)
- Inside !Zap
- Anywhere else you may have put it when installing Zap.
- Double click on the updated archive. If it wasn't in !Boot.Resources and
you have a new style boot structure, you should move it there first.
- (easy option) Restart your computer, or:
- (harder) Open !ZapFonts by shift-double-clicking on it, then double
click on the ZapRedraw module inside it.
- That's it! You now have a ViewFinder-aware copy of ZapRedraw.
If you have any problems, try the instructions above with the Filer's
'Force' option off, if it still doesn't work, try it again with the
Force option on. If you still have problems, get in touch.